If you would like to be self-employed and work from home, where you can enjoy seeing children grow and develop, planning meaningful play activities for them in close partnership with parents, then childminding could be a rewarding career choice.


You must be at least 18 years old and must register either with Ofsted or a Childminder Agency such as Integrity Childminder Agency to be a registered childminder (provider of childcare on domestic premises) if any of the following apply:

  • You plan to look after at least one individual child aged under 8 for a total of more than two hours in any one day on domestic premises for payment

  • You are not the parent, step-parent or relative of the child e.g. grandparent

  • You do not have parental responsibility for the child

  • You are not the foster parent to the child

What training will I need to do?

You will require training to enable you to deliver the Statutory Requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage. If you decide to join us at Integrity Childminder Agency, we will guide you through the requirements and include these three courses as online learning for you to access immediately on joining.

  • Route to Registration: steps required to become an Agency registered childminder.

  • Early Years Foundation Stage: supporting young children’s learning and development including the intent implementation and impact of teaching.

  • Nuts and Bolts: the statutory and legal requirements of starting a childminder business.

  • You will also require 12 hour paediatric first aid training which we will signpost you to when joining the Agency.

  • Safeguarding level 1 (and Safeguarding level 2 if working with assistants) which we will signpost you to when joining the Agency.

  • Please note: You must have the right to work in the UK and will need to have good enough English to ensure children’s welfare and safety. You’ll require a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) beforehand, along with everyone else you live with over 16 and sign up to the update service.

You will need to be physically and mentally capable of caring for children. You will require a doctor to complete and sign a health declaration booklet for you to confirm this.


What is a Childminder Agency?


Introduced by the Department for Education in 2013, childminder agencies are organisations registered by Ofsted that by law are able to register and monitor childminders.

Integrity Childminder agency provides a range of services to its members while allowing childminders to remain in control of their own self-employed business.

How do I become a childminder?


Please complete the enquiries form and submit to Integrity Childminder Agency. Denise or Kerry will reply to answer any questions you may have and will be happy to guide you through your next steps.

As a childminder registering with Integrity Childminder Agency you will receive ongoing support and mentoring that is timely and individual to your needs as you go through registration, set up your business and continue your career. We are available to answer any queries you have promptly by email and /or telephone.

You will be kept informed of any changes and updates to ensure your knowledge and practice remain current.

You will receive annual support visits to help you ensure ongoing compliance with all required legislation, discuss any concerns or queries you may have, any changes required to practice and/or documentation and help you to self-assess your practice. This will support you to be continually and ambitiously developing your business to be the best that you can be.

You will receive visits and training as well as unlimited and responsive telephone email and social media contact to support you in providing the highest quality childcare. You will be part of a team and no longer working alone.

Annual Quality Assurance visits replace Ofsted inspections but still the Agency will assess the quality of your provision by mirroring Ofsted’s Early Years Inspection Framework and outcomes and award a grade in the same way. Seeing the same people who know your practice ensures continuity.

Morton Michel annual insurance is included which also gives you the added benefit of access to a range of Flick online training to support your ongoing CPD.

You will be able to advertise your vacancies through our webpage, where parents feel secure in the knowledge that we are Ofsted registered and your practice is regularly monitored and supported.

You will have access to an Integrity Toolkit of sample policies and procedures, contracts, medication and accident and emergency records, permission forms, complaints form and templates for recording your curriculum intent, implementation and impact and two year old progress checks.

Registration, pre registration training, administration, one to one pre-registration home support visit and insurance fee to join is £300 per childminder then a direct debit of £25 per calendar month includes all the above.

Extra costs to consider in order to register include DBS’s and registering with the update service, GP cost for Health Declaration, Safeguarding level 1 training and paediatric First Aid training.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

If you are wishing to continue to register independently with Ofsted: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/childminders-and-childcare-providers-register-with-ofsted

If registering with Ofsted and wishing to just attend our three pre-registration online training immediately from the comfort of you home, the cost for this package is £100.

Contact Us